About the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response Program
The Oakland Community Preparedness & Response (OCP&R) program is an offering of the Oakland Firesafe Council, an Oakland, California non-profit dedicated to mobilizing communities to reduce the risks of disasters to people and property through outreach, programs, and projects.
The OCP&R program provides awareness, educational workshops, detailed Guides and support to help increase the overall community preparedness level and to improve disaster response capabilities for residents of Oakland.
OCP&R is intended to educate residents on the most important actions that you can take now to help protect your property and your lives, including:
- Creating and sustaining organized neighborhoods
- Understanding emergency alerts and notifications
- Developing disaster/evacuation plans
- Preparing for and responding to power outages/Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- Hardening homes against wildfire and earthquake threats
- Establishing Firewise USA certified neighborhoods for wildfire safety
- Recovering from a disaster
The Oakland Community Preparedness & Response program is funded by grants from CAL FIRE and the California Fire Foundation.
Email email@example.com, use our Contact form or call 510-575-0916 for more information and to request a 1-hour live, in-person or online (Zoom) workshop for your neighborhood group or community organization.
Oakland Firesafe Council Oakland | Community Preparedness & Response Program
Doug Mosher, Program Manager