Listos California’s statewide campaign is focused directly on engaging and readying diverse and vulnerable populations for disasters (wildfires, earthquakes, floods, etc.) by providing resources that are accessible, in-language and culturally competent.
With 100+ resources in more than 20 languages, we highly recommend taking a look at their outstanding content starting with these:
ADDITIONAL PREPAREDNESS RESOURCES
- Earthquake Country Alliance (ECA) and ShakeOut Materials in 15 Languages
- Ready.gov Ready in Your Language
- Ready.gov en Español Listo.gov
- Ready.gov Individuals with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs
- Red Cross Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs
- PG&E Assistive Resources
The OCP&R program was developed with Oakland in mind. We focus on the priority steps that our residents should take to prepare for and be better able to respond to a disaster that may (will at some time) occur in our area. And there are many other sources of information, including Listos California, that we strongly recommend you check out. Wherever you get your emergency preparedness information, OCP&R hopes that you will take it to heart and act on the steps to be better prepared for a disaster.